It is important to define and know the process used in our line to analyze the savings in various activities. However, not all the tasks to be carried out can be saved, it is about simplifying them in the most autonomous way possible, saving time and money.
The first step is to optimize the use of materials. The location and identification of each activity is essential for the allocation of resources. We must take into account the definition of the variables that intervene in an integral way so that they all interact harmoniously. Choosing the right software is a crucial part for the process to be carried out correctly. Technology will help us to manage in a mechanized way and understand more complete details (see Advantages of control systems).
Here are some advantages and disadvantages:
- Economic efficiency: Less time and fewer personnel are needed to carry out the same workload.
- Reduction of costs: the optimization of the use of materials avoids the waste of raw material.
- Release of human resources: efficient distribution of the team’s workload.
- Global quality: minimizes the number of production errors, which significantly improves the quality of any product.
- Control of results: it allows obtaining precise and real information to know the state of the productive chain and of each final product.
- Employees may fear being excluded from their job, however, companies that automate their processes have the ability to generate more jobs, since they are more prosperous and efficient, being able to address a greater number of projects and serve customers. more satisfied customers.
- Investment cost This implies a considerable initial investment, although this factor must be weighed against the benefits it will generate in terms of productivity and growth.
- Loss of flexibility: modifying workflows can imply some flexible, which is minimized with a prior consulting and planning process.
If you have any situation with your production line or automation equipment, contact us and we will advise you.